Super Smash Bros. Epitome
Hello, one and all! I am sorry to say that this forum is currently closed down and not coming back ever. Please go to ssb4.forumotion.com for a more active forum.
Hello, one and all! I am sorry to say that this forum is currently closed down and not coming back ever. Please go to ssb4.forumotion.com for a more active forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What happens when the Smash Bros. Series collides with yet another unknown force?

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Not-so-Frequently-Asked-Questions UPDATE 1/26/11

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Morph Boy
Admin
Morph Boy

Not-so-Frequently-Asked-Questions UPDATE 1/26/11 Empty
PostSubject: Not-so-Frequently-Asked-Questions UPDATE 1/26/11   Not-so-Frequently-Asked-Questions UPDATE 1/26/11 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 8:06 am

Ok, for the people who do not know what's going on, I'm going to now shed some light on the subject.

Game Questions:

Q: What is the gameplay going to be like?
A: At this point, it will be like playing Brawl's Subspace Emissary, except there are two key differences:
1. The move set has been reduced down to about half of what is in Brawl, including the ability to manipulate items (swinging, throwing). This may change as the game further progresses.
2. It is going to be somewhat of a puzzle environment in some areas. For example, Mario's Fireball ability would allow him to burn down doors or trees, while Peach could use her hovering abilities to hover across large gaps. Of course, other tried and true platforming elements will be present.

Q: Will there be Final Smashes?
A: Even better than that, we have divided up the Final Smash for each character into a Final Form and a Super Attack! For example, Mario's Super Attack is Mario Finale, while his Final Form is Fire Mario.

Q: How will one get a Final Smash?
A: In Super Smash Bros Crusade, a new concept was introduced: the Smash Bar. After achieving combos and such, the meter would fill up, allowing you to use your Final Smash. In this game, we will be using that, except there is one key difference: you get a different Final Smash depending on which button you press. The Special Button activates the Final Form, while the Attack Button unleashes the character's Super Attack.

Q: Will there be a multiplayer mode?
A: Of course, but at this point, it will be limited because of the move set and the fact that there are no items yet. In addition, it will only be Stamina for the first couple of demos.

Q: Will there be a multi-man brawl mode?
A: Not until the the last demo. I'm trying to keep it simple.

Q: Will there be a Classic Mode?
A: Only in the full game. That's when all of the characters will be out, of course.

Q: Will there be a Boss Battle Mode?
A: Most definitely. Bosses are a big part of the game.

Q: Will there be alternate costumes?
A: Like SSF2, we are going to keep it to tints for now. It could very well be possible in the future, but chances are slim.

Q: Are there going to be any new modes that haven't been in a Smash game before?
A: Possibly... Wink

Q: How will stuff be unlocked?
A: It hasn't been decided yet, but as time goes by, we'll come up with something.

Q: Why did you cut important stuff like items and leave in something stupid like Electric Hit?
A: Electricity is big in this story. But it's not just your run of the mill lightning. This is high quality stuff here...

Q: Is the character list final?
A: Almost. There might be a few other changes, but the ones already listed will definitely be in there.

Q: Is the boss list final?
A: No. There are going to be major changes to the roster soon.

Q: Will this be online?
A: I don't know at this point. If so, it would probably only be the multiplayer modes, but I'm not making any promises.

Q: How did this game come about? NEW
A: Allow me to do a boring explaination: Nintendo made Super Smash Bros., which in turn inspired Super Smash Bros. Melee, which in turn inspired Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Super Smash Flash, which inspired Super Smash Flash 2, which inspired the SSF2 Expansion Forums, which in turn inspired the SSB4 forums, which in turn inspired Smash Adventures, which in turn inspired SSBE (this forum).

Q: Is this in any way related to Smash Adventures? NEW
A: No, or, at least, not anymore.

Site Questions:
Q: Why is there only one admin and one mod?
A: Well, if everyone were a mod or an admin, then there would be no normal members. Once the site grows, however, I'll let some people have the privileges that I have.

Q: Why is the site so generic?
A: The site hasn't existed for that long, plus I'm not the best designer at all. When someone comes around that can design really good, then I'll let him change the site to something awesome.

Q: Why is there no banner?
A: I'm creative, not artistic. I am one of the worst artists you will ever see in your life, so whatever is in my mind, I can't put down like I want it. I hate that.

Q: How do I become a <insert group name here>?
A: Take the test. If you are a good artist, I've opened it up for you to join. My brother Dunami is in charge of that, as he is one of the best artists I know. If you want mod or admin status, that privilege goes to a selected few. It's really your reputation that makes or breaks you in my book.

Q: The site looks incomplete in general. Why?
A: Well, I haven't had time to think hard about what needs to be here. If you see something missing, speak up in the Forum Problems section.

This should clear up a lot. This may change as the site grows older.

Last edited by Morph Boy on Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://smashbrothersepitome.forumotion.com
Morph Boy
Admin
Morph Boy

Not-so-Frequently-Asked-Questions UPDATE 1/26/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not-so-Frequently-Asked-Questions UPDATE 1/26/11   Not-so-Frequently-Asked-Questions UPDATE 1/26/11 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 9:47 pm

Update, two questions added.
Back to top Go down
https://smashbrothersepitome.forumotion.com

Not-so-Frequently-Asked-Questions UPDATE 1/26/11
Page 1 of 1